5 Artists – 5 Questions
After spending some time in the studios of artists working in Bushwick, Open House turned to Gowanus this weekend to discover what’s bubbling up from the canal. Over 300 artists participated in Gowanus Open Studios 2016, and of them we picked 5 to tell us what’s what. Lace up folks, it time for 5-on-5.
- HOW DO YOU APPROACH COLOR IN YOUR WORK?
- IS THERE A PARTICULAR NARRATIVE AT PLAY IN YOUR CURRENT OR PAST PROJECTS?
- WHO / WHAT MOTIVATES YOU TO MAKE YOUR WORK?
- DO YOU HAVE A PERSON OR GROUP OF PEOPLE THAT YOU BOUNCE IDEAS OFF OF, OR DOES IT TEND TO BE MORE OF A SOLITARY APPROACH?
- THOUGHTS ON THE GOWANUS SCENE AT THE MOMENT?